Preparing for Adulthood (PfA) Guide and Vision
Halton’s vision for improving outcomes for young people as they prepare for adult life
We want to have:
- a knowledgeable and trained workforce to ensure that person centred practice is at the centre of everything we do ensuring that young people are listened to; their aspirations are sought and shape their outcomes and; that they take control and make their own decisions about their pathway to adulthood.
- good quality aspirations, outcomes and destinations captured in Education Health and Care Plans early to help us plan and develop appropriate pathways to adult life and for everybody to clearly understand when outcomes have been achieved and therefore when an Education Health and Care Plan would cease.
To develop our Halton Vision we:
- carried out a review of Education Health and Care (EHC) Plans
- held workshops with young people, parents/carers and professionals to understand and learn from current practice and how this was reflected in the EHC Plans
- held a multi-agency workshop to draw together the Vision or all young people in Halton
Good Quality Conversations Workshops