Preparing for Adulthood (PfA) Guide and Vision
This simply means planning the move from being a child to being an adult and preparing to live a happy and healthy adult life as outlined in the SEND Code of Practice
Useful Information Coronavirus COVID-19
We have put together some helpful information and support that you may find helpful during the current Coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic
These can be accessed on the dedicated page for Help and Information: Coronavirus COVID-19
Halton's Vision: What did we want to achieve?
- Have a shared vision across education, health and care of what good outcomes in preparing for adulthood are and how these are captured appropriately in Education, Health and Care Plans.
- Have a knowledgeable and trained workforce to ensure that person centred practice is at the centre of everything we do ensuring that young people are listened to; their aspirations are sought and shape their outcomes and; that they take control and make their own decisions about their pathway to adulthood.
- Have good quality aspirations, outcomes and destinations captured in Education Health and Care Plans early to help us plan and develop appropriate pathways to adult life and for everybody to clearly understand when outcomes have been achieved and therefore when an Education Health and Care Plan would cease.
Developing our Halton Vision and Action Plan
To develop our Halton Vision we:
- carried out a review of 82 Education Health and Care (EHC) Plans
- held workshops with young people, parents/carers and professionals to understand and learn from current practice and how this was reflected in the EHC Plans
- held a multi-agency workshop with 80+ participants to draw together the Vision or all young people in Halton
- produced an Action Plan and report progress on this to the SEND Strategic Group