How to find information?
Halton Local Offer Guide
This Halton Local Offer Guide explains about the layout, menu/toolbars, how to navigate around the website, use the search facility and a content summary for each topic section.
How to use the onscreen 'Search' facility?
How to find information? A quick way to find information on the Halton Local Offer is to use the ‘Search’ facility, you will find this on the top toolbar on this website, it look like this
Type in the words to explain what you’re looking for and then click the ‘magnifying glass’ or on some pages it has the word ‘search’ next to the box you typed into.
Once you have done this, the website will begin the search for you
What happens next?
- The results will be displayed on-screen, providing web-links to different sections/pages that might contain the information you searched for
- Sometimes the ‘Search’ facility is unable to find the information you were looking for, this might be because the words don’t match information on the website, see below for more details.
Reasons why the 'Search' didn't find what I was looking for?
Further below is an example of the onscreen form that will be displayed when the ‘Search’ facility is unable to find the information you were looking for, this might be because:
- We have not been given the information to add to the Halton Local Offer
- No one has tried to find the information before or tell us that some information is missing from the Halton Local Offer
- You have identified a gap in provision/services, which we can use to work with our partners to improve the services available to better meet your needs
- We need to change the way the information is worded on the Halton Local Offer, so that it can be found more easily and allow the ‘Search’ facility to recognise what you’re looking for
Help to find and improve the information on the Halton Local Offer
Complete the on-screen form to provide:
- Your name and email address
- Tell us a little bit more about what information you would like to find
- Complete the ‘Anti-spam’ box
- Press ‘Send’
What happens next?
Your form is sent by email to the Children and Young People Policy Team, who will
- Update the information on the Halton Local Offer
- Reply to you by email to let you know what has been done and provide the web-links to the updated information on the Halton Local Offer