Local support groups for children, young people, parents and carers

Halton SEND Carers Forum (HSCF)

Halton SEND Carers Forum Tel: 07784240160 & 07784240161

SEND R US Sign Language Coffee Morning Monday 11 July 10.30-11.30am

A low key session, run by a lovely Cavendish student – VERY POPULAR @ Room2, Halton Lea Library

Halton Youth Cabinet (HYC)

Halton Youth Cabinet (HYC) supported by VIBE, is open to anyone in Halton aged 11-18 who wants to work with local decision-makers to ensure young people’s voices are heard

Children in Care Council (CICC)

Children in Care Council provides an opportunity for you to work together to promote your views, values and opinions and is a way for you to be involved in the planning and decision making processes on matters that affect your life

ADDvanced Solutions Community Network Groups

Have concerns about your child’s behaviour or progress at school? ADDvanced Solutions Community Network Groups offer support to help you learn, understand and meet the needs of your child and family

Useful Information

Scope Navigate phone-based support service

Navigate is a phone-based support service for parents whose children have either been diagnosed with a disability within the past twelve months or who are on a pathway to a diagnosis. We offer up to six support sessions for parents with their own parent adviser who will provide a combination of practical advice and emotional support.

More details about what we offer, as well as our online referral form, can be found here Scope’s Navigate 

Family, caring and housing support
Moving from Benefits to Work

Provides help and advice on moving from benefits to work, work experience/volunteering, starting your own business and support available when you start working.

Keeping safe
Hate Crime, Childline & Prejudiced Incidents

Hate Crime


  • Childline is a private and confidential service for children and young people up to the age of 19

Prejudiced Incidents

Got Your Back Halton

  • Self-Referral can be made by you or your friends aged 18 or under if you have been a victim of crime
  • Referral by a Professionals/Agency – parental or guardian permission is required to pass the young person’s details on to the service
  • Got Your Back Halton Tel: 0800 6406466, Text GYBMentor to 82228, Email halton@gyb.org.uk 
Dealing with scams and cold callers
Advocacy support
Help with debt and money worries

The cost of living crisis is affecting more and more people. If you need help or advice about money, debt and other issues, there are organisations in Halton who can help.

  • Citizens Advice Halton can help with a range of issues, not just around debt and finances but also housing, legal issues and much more Tel: 08082 787 956
  • Energy Projects Plus (EPP) provide a Save Energy Advice Line for free and impartial advice on reducing your energy bills and keeping warm at home Tel: 0800 043 0151
  • Mental Health Info Point can also provide more details of help and support for money worries