Halton Short Breaks
Useful Information Coronavirus COVID-19
We have put together some helpful information and support that you may find helpful during the current Coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic
These can be accessed on the dedicated page for Help and Information: Coronavirus COVID-19
What are Short Breaks?
Local Authorities have a duty to provide short breaks for carers of disabled children to enable them to continue to care for their disabled child and to participate in everyday activities.
These services are available in the evenings, at weekends and during school holidays:
- Day time care in the homes of disabled children or elsewhere;
- Overnight care in the homes of disabled children or elsewhere;
- Educational or recreational activities for disabled children outside their homes.
Short Breaks Documents
- Short Breaks Statement
- Short Breaks Services Guide
- Short Breaks and Personal Budgets Guidance
- Parent Carer Needs Assessment Referral Form
- Parent Carer Needs Assessment Form
- Short Breaks Allocation Document Guide
- Short Breaks Support Allocation Document
- Young Person’s Profile 0-12yrs
- Young Person’s Profile 13-17yrs